Dynamic Walk-a-Thon of the Philanthropic Weekend
Hundreds of people participated in the Dynamic-Walk-a-Thon Marbella. One hundred percent of the proceeds will go to children in The Cesare Scariolo and Eva Longoria foundations.
Marbella, 18th August, 2012: The Dynamic Fitness Centre, located in the shopping center Le Village, was the point of arrival and departure of the Dynamic Walk-a-Thon Marbella, the charity walk organized by actress and philanthropist Eva Longoria.
The ribbon cutting, which took place at 9:00 pm, was conducted by Sergio Scariolo, President of The Cesare Scariolo Foundation; the Mayor of Marbella, Ángeles Muñoz; the chef of the two Michelin starred restaurant Calima, Dani García; the model Sylvie Van der Vaart and Maria Bravo, one of the organizers of the initiative.
Thanks to the initiative of Eva Longoria and Dynamic Marbella – in collaboration with MandAEvents – sport and philanthropy have been combined under a common goal: to encourage beneficiary NGOs such as The Cesare Scariolo and Eva Longoria Foundation, dedicated in both cases to help children with oncological diseases and their families.
Around 200 people attended the Dynamic Marbella Walk-a-Thon to walk a 9 km journey for over 1 hour; the aim being to form the largest group of walkers or the greatest economic contribution. The winner of this category was the group “Simon”, consisting of 20 people, among which was the youngest walker, a girl of only two years.
One hundred percent of the proceeds made on the day from registration and drinks were allocated to children from The Cesare Scariolo and Eva Longoria Foundations.
The actress thanked all attendees and participants for their cooperation and expressed her happiness in returning to Marbella to carry out the Philanthropic Weekend.
Among the prominent names who took part in the event included the presence of the hostess of honor, Eva Longoria; Maria Bravo and Alina Peralta, organizers of the “Philanthropic Weekend”; Augusto Aloisio, organizer of the Dynamic Walk-a-Thon; Fernando Romay, presenter of the event; Dani García, two Michelin star chef; the tennis player Manolo Santana; Ambassador of Málaga Club de Fútbol Foundation, Julio Baptista; Sylvie van der Vaart and the sommelier José Joaquín Cortés, amongst many others. The extraordinary work of the volunteers who altruistically helped participants and the organization was remarkable.
The route of the Dynamic Walk-a-Thon began in the fitness centre, Dynamic Marbella, running through la Avenida Príncipe de Hohenlohe to the Hotel Gran Melía Don Pepe and came back along the promenade until arriving back at the starting point. Along the route two water points were fitted, one at the Hotel Gran Meliá Don Pepe and another along el Paseo Marítimo up to la Avenida Melvin Villarroel. In both cases, participants were provided with water bottles donated by el Grupo Pascual.
In addition, attendees were treated to live performances from Vanesa Martín, Sabrina Romero, La Negra Mayte and Diego Amador.
Also, other firms have collaborated so extraordinarily that all proceeds have been devoted entirely to the children who are part of the foundations.
All this would not have been possible without the special collaboration of:
– Adidas, official supplier of the Dynamic Walk-a-Thon.
– El Naturalista, WE BELIEVE main sponsor of the DWAT.
– Nikki Beach, sponsor of the Philanthropic Weekend.
– Aqwa Mist, sponsors of the welcome cocktail at the Philanthropic Week (Saturday night).
– Pascual Group and Coca Cola, official beverages of the DWAT.
– Small World, sponsor of the DWAT.
– BMW Guarnieri, official cars of the Philanthropic Weekend.
– Cyan Process, official printing press of the Philanthropic Weekend.
– Restaurant Calima (Dani García).
– Iberostar Hotel Coral Beach and Hotel H10 Marbella, sponsor hotels of the DWAT.
– Subfocus, official cameras and videos of the philanthropic weekend.
– Iberia, official airline.
– Lorena Morlote and GHD, official international hairdressers and make-up artists of the philanthropic weekend.
– Les Roches, contributor of the Dynamic Walk-a-Thon.
– Suite del Mar, contributor of the Philanthropic Weekend.
– Marie-Noëlle Comunicación, official communication agency of the Philanthropic Weekend.
– Mav Marketing, entertainment company.
Photos of the event have been provided by Subfocus and Getty Images.